Pop music and the press /
|Other Authors:||Jones, Steve, 1961-|
Temple University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The intro, popular music, media, and the written word / Steve Jones
- Re-viewing rock writing, narratives of popular music criticism / Steve Jones and Kevin Featherly
- Brit crit, turning points in British rock criticism, 1960-1990 / Gestur Gudmundsson, Ulf Lindberg, Morten Michelsen, and Hans Weisethaunet
- Word power, a brief, highly opinionated history of hip-hop journalism / Jeff Chang
- Critical senility vs. overcomprehension, rock criticism and the lesson of the avant-garde / Robert B. Ray
- Consumers' guides, the political economy of the music press and the democracy of critical discourse / Mark Fenster
- Between rock and a hard place, gender and rock criticism / Kembrew McLeod
- Exclusive! the British press and popular music, the story so far
- / Martin Cloonan
- Abandoning the absolute, transcendence and gender in popular music discourse / Holly Kruse
- The politics and history of hip-hop journalism / Kembrew McLeod
- Jewel case, pop stars, poets, and the press / Thomas Swiss
- Taking country music seriously, coverage of the 1990's boom / Joli Jensen
- Sweet nothings, presentation of women musicians in pop journalism / Brenda Johnson-Grau
- "The day the music died"
- again, newspaper coverage of the deaths of popular musicians / Sharon R. Mazzarella and Timoth M. Matyjewicz
- Fragments of a sociology of rock criticism / Simon Frith
- The outro / Chris Nelson.