The making of national money : territorial currencies in historical perspective /
Cornell University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The initial transformation : from monetary heterogeneity to territorial currencies
- Two structural preconditions : nation-states and industrial technology
- Making markets : transaction costs and monetary reform
- Multiple macroeconomic and fiscal motivations
- National identities and territorial currencies
- Two nineteenth-century challenges : currency unions and free banking
- The coming of age of territorial currencies in the interwar years
- The monetary dimensions of imperialism : colonial currency reforms
- The final wave : post-1945 macroeconomic activism and southern reforms
- The current challenge to territorial currencies.