Religion, toleration, and British writing, 1790-1830 /
Cambridge, U.K. ; New York, NY :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge studies in Romanticism ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Romanticism and the writing of toleration
- "Holy hypocrisy" and the rule of belief: Radcliffe's gothics
- Coleridge's polemic divinity
- Sect and secular economy in the Irish national tale
- Wordsworth and the "frame of social being"
- "Consecrated fancy": Byron and Keats
- Conclusion: the Inquisitorial stage.