Our musicals, ourselves : a social history of the American musical theater /
|Main Author:||Jones, John Bush.|
Brandeis University Press, published by University Press of New England,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Patriotism, xenophobia, and World War I
- The musicals of the roaring twenties
- Coping with Depression
- World War II and the Rodgers and Hammerstein years
- From isolationism to idealism in the Cold War years
- Black and Jewish musicals since the 1960s
- Issue-driven musicals of the turbulent years
- Fragmented society, fragmented musicals
- A recycled culture, nostalgia, and spectacle
- New voices, new perspectives.