Convict criminology /
Belmont, CA :
|Series:||Contemporary issues in crime and justice series.
Check Holdings for more information.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : what is the new school of convict criminology? / Jeffrey Ian Ross and Stephen C. Richards
- pt. 1. What's wrong with corrections?
- The use of science to justify the imprisonment binge / James Austin
- (Mis) representing prisons : the role of our cultural industries / Jeffrey Ian Ross
- Why I study prisons : my twenty-year personal and professional odyssey and an understanding of Southern prisons / Marianne Fisher-Giorlando
- pt. 2. Convict experience and identity
- Comments and reflections on forty years in the American criminal justice system / Edward Tromanhauser
- From C-block to academia : you can't get there from here / Charles M. Terry
- My journey through the Federal Bureau of Prisons / Stephen C. Richards
- Rehabilitating criminals : it ain't that easy / Greg Newbold
- "Who's doing the time here, me or my children?" : addressing the issues implicated by mounting numbers of fathers in prison / Charles S. Lanier
- Excon : managing a spoiled identity / Richard S. Jones
- Convict criminology : the two-legged data dilemma / Alan Mobley
- pt. 3. Special populations
- Understanding women in prison / Barbara Owen
- Aspirin ain't gonna help the kind of pain I'm in : health care in the Federal Bureau of Prisons / Daniel S. Murphy
- Convict criminology and the mentally ill offender : prisoners of confinement / Bruce A. Arrigo
- Soar like an eagle, dive like a loon : human diversity and social justice in the Native American prison experience / William G. Archambeault
- Twenty years teaching college in prison / William S. Tregea
- Kids in jail : "I mean you ain't really learning nothin [productive]" / Preston Elrod and Michael T. Brooks
- Conclusion : an invitation to the criminology/criminal justice community / Stephen C. Richards and Jeffrey Ian Ross.