The Cambridge companion to Adorno /
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge companions to philosophy.
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: thoughts beside themselves / Tom Huhn
- Negative dialectic as fate: Adorno and Hegel / J. M. Bernstein
- Weighty objects: on Adorno's Kant-Freud interpretation / Joel Whitebook
- Adorno, Marx, materialism / Simon Jarvis
- Leaving home: on Adorno and Heidegger / Samir Gandesha
- Is experience still in crisis? Reflections on a Frankfurt school lament / Martin Jay
- Mephistopheles in Hollywood: Adorno, Mann and Schoenberg / James Schmidt
- Right listening and a new type of human being / Robert Hullot-Kentor
- Authenticity and failure in Adorno's aesthetics of music / Max Paddison
- Dissonant works and the listening public / Lydia Goehr
- Adorno, Heidegger and the meaning of music / Andrew Bowie
- The critical theory of society as reflexive sociology / Stefan Müller-Doohm
- Genealogy and critique: two forms of ethical questioning of morality / Christoph Menke
- Adorno's negative moral philosophy / Gerhard Schweppenhäuser
- Adorno's social lyric, and literary criticism today: poetics, aesthetics, modernity / Robert Kaufman
- Adorno's Tom Sawyer opera Singspiel / Rolf Tiedemann.