The Cambridge companion to Nathaniel Hawthorne /
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge collections online.|
|Other Authors:||Millington, Richard H., 1953-|
Cambridge UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge companions to literature.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Hawthorne's labors in Concord / Larry J. Reynolds
- Hawthorne as cultural theorist / Joel Pfister
- Hawthorne and American masculinity / T. Walter Herbert
- Hawthorne and the question of women / Alison Easton
- Hawthorne, modernity, and the literary sketch / Kristie Hamilton
- Hawthorne's American history / Gillian Brown
- Hawthorne and the writing of childhood / Karen Sánchez-Eppler
- Love and politics, sympathy and justice in The scarlet letter / Brook Thomas
- The marvelous queer interiors of The house of the seven gables / Christopher Castiglia
- Sympathy and reform in The Blithedale romance / Robert S. Levine
- Perplexity, sympathy, and the question of the human : a reading of The marble faun / Emily Miller Budick
- Whose Hawthorne? / Gordon Hutner.