In the game : race, identity, and sports in the twentieth century /
New York, N.Y. :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- "Richie" Allen, Whitey's ways, and me: a political education in the 1960s / Matthew Frye Jacobson
- In sports the best man wins: how Joe Louis whupped Jim Crow / Theresa E. Runstedtler
- Race and silence in Argentine football / Grant Farred
- Reading and rereading the game: reflections on West Indies cricket / Michael Arthur, Jennifer Scanlon
- Wa a o, wa ba ski na me ska ta!: "Indian" mascots and the pathology of anti-indigenous racism / David Anthony Tyeeme Clark
- Backfield in motion: the transformation of the NFL by black culture / Joel Dinerstein
- The harmonizing nation: Mexico and the 1968 Olympics / Eric Zolov
- Courtside: race and basketball in the works of John Edgar Wideman / Tracie Church Guzzio
- The stepping stone: Larry Holmes, Gerry Cooney, and Rocky / Carlo Rotella.