The physics of superheroes /
|Main Author:||Kakalios, James, 1958-|
New York :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : secret origins : how science saved superhero comic books
- Up, up, and away : forces and motion
- Deconstructing Krypton : Newton's law of gravity
- The day Gwen Stacy died : impulse and momentum
- Can he swing from a thread? : centripetal acceleration
- Flash facts : friction, drag, and sound
- Like a flash of lightning : special relativity
- If this be my density : properties of matter
- Can Ant-Man punch his way out of a paper bag? : torque and rotation
- Is Ant-Man deaf, dumb, and blind? : simple harmonic motion
- Does size matter? : the cube-square law
- The Central City diet plan : conservation of energy
- The case of the missing work : the three laws of thermodynamics
- Mutant meteorology : conduction and convection
- How the monstrous menace of the mysterious melter makes dinner preparation a breeze : phase transitions
- Electro's clinging ways : electrostatics
- Superman schools Spider-Man : electrical currents
- How Electro becomes Magneto when he runs : Ampere's law
- How Magneto becomes Electro when he runs : magnetism and Faraday's law
- Electro and Magneto do the wave : electromagnetism and light
- Jouney into the microverse : atomic physics
- Not a dream! Not a hoax! Not an imaginary tale! : quantum mechanics
- Through a wall lightly : tunneling phenomena
- Sock it to Shellhead : solid-state physics
- Me am Bizarro! : superhero bloopers
- Afterword : Lo, there shall be an ending!
- Ask Dr. K!
- Key equations.