Sport and society in Latin America : diffusion, dependency, and the rise of mass culture /
New York :
|Series:||Contributions to the study of popular culture,
no. 20 |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Sport and the study of Latin American society / Joseph L. Arbena - - Bicycles, modernization, and Mexico / William H. Beezley
- Forging the regional pastime : baseball and class in Yucatán / Gilbert M. Joseph
- The case of soccer in early twentieth-century Lima / Steve Stein
- Sport in a fractured society : Brazil under military rule / Janet Lever
- Sócrates, Corinthians, and questions of democracy and citizenship / Matthew Shirts
- Sport in revolutionary societies : Cuba and Nicaragua / Eric A. Wagner
- Sport as dramaturgy for society / Robert M. Levine.