Fugitive vision : slave image and Black identity in antebellum narrative /
Indiana University Press,
|Series:||Blacks in the diaspora
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Racing and erasing the slave mother: Frederick Douglass, parodic looks, and ethnographic illustration
- Looking for slavery at the Crystal Palace: William Wells Brown and the politics of exhibition(ism)
- The uses in seeing: mobilizing the portrait in drag in Running a thousand miles for freedom
- Panoramic bodies: from Banvard's Mississippi to Brown's Iron collar
- The mulatta in the camera: Harriet Jacobs's historicist gazing and Dion Boucicault's mulatta obscura
- Throwing identity in the poetry-pottery of Dave the potter.