The Cambridge companion to fiction in the Romantic period /
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge collections online.|
|Other Authors:||Maxwell, Richard, 1948-, Trumpener, Katie, 1961-|
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge companions to literature.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The historiography of fiction in the Romantic period / Richard Maxwell
- Publishing, authorship, and reading / William St Clair
- Gothic fiction / Deidre Shauna Lynch
- The historical novel / Richard Maxwell
- Thinking locally: novelistic worlds in provincial fiction / Martha Bohrer
- Poetry and the novel / Marshall Brown
- Orientalism and empire / James Watt
- Intellectual history and political theory / Paul Keen
- Women writers and the woman's novel: the trope of maternal transmission / Jill Campbell
- Tales for child readers / Katie Trumpener
- Sentimental fiction / Ann Wierda Rowland
- Fiction and the working classes / Gary Kelly
- The Irish novel 1800-1829 / Ina Ferris
- Scotland and the novel / Ian Duncan.