Arabs in the mirror : images and self-images from pre-Islamic to modern times /
|Main Author:||Rejwan, Nissim.|
University of Texas Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The bedouin, the camel, the sand, and the palm tree
- Identity and self-definition
- Ibn Khaldun's appraisal appraised
- "Arabizing the Arabs"
- Self-images old and new
- Calls for "critical self-analysis"
- Unity in diversity
- The quest for democracy
- Resources and development
- The social scene
- The case of Egypt
- The West's inroads
- The difference Israel has made
- New lessons for old
- The intellectuals
- Appendix : portraits in a mirror : three fictional versions.