Can't I love what I criticize? : the masculine and Morrison /
University of Georgia Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Something other than a family quarrel: Morrison's review of the masculine
- Black boys, White gaze: a respectful publication of The bluest eye
- An elegy on Black masculinity: the beautiful boys in Sula
- Flying without ever leaving the ground: feminine masculinity in Song of Solomon
- The nigger in the woodpile: sons and lovers in Tar baby
- Circles of sorrow, sites of memory, forms of flooding: colored men's time in Beloved
- Classically re-training blues boys: Morrison's Jazz men
- Putting down parking lots out there: Morrison's unpaved male Paradise
- Laying down the law of the father: men in Love.