Communication; Education & Counseling; Russian Studies
I am the subject librarian for Communication, Education & Counseling, and Russian Studies.
Before joining the library staff at Falvey, I was the Teaching & Research Technologies Librarian at the Penn Libraries, where, among other responsibilities, I worked with social science data and mapping, and served as the subject librarian for Urban Studies.
How can I help you?
For students, I can:
- Recommend the best databases and other scholarly sources to search for your research topic
- Meet with you individually to hash out your topic or discuss research strategies
- Answer your questions via email, phone, in-person, or by web conference.
- Tell you about library services and resources
For faculty, I can:
- Introduce your students to research tools and strategies via a workshop tailored to your class themes or assignments
- Create a Course Guide tailored to your class or to a particular assignment
- Discuss ways to best incorporate information skills and library materials into your class assignments
- Meet with your students individually outside class
- Purchase books and electronic library materials needed for your research and teaching
- Set up a "profile" for you on our book purchasing system so you'll be alerted to new titles as they become available
- Help you develop expert-level search strategies for your research
- Track down tricky citations
- Act as a liaison communicating the department's concerns and needs to library administration
Contact Information:Location: Room 225
M.S. in Library & Information Science, Drexel University
M.S. Ed. in Elementary Education, University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education
B.A., Swarthmore College
Major in History, extensive coursework in Education and Russian