English Literature, Theatre, and Romance Languages and Literature
Make an appointment to meet with Sarah HERE
I grew up in South East Michigan, I lived in the UK where I did my masters in English, and I moved to Philadelphia in 2013 when I joined Villanova's Falvey Memorial Library.
I'm a pop culture junkie and enjoy talking about film and television just as much as I enjoy conversations about books.
In keeping with the librarian stereotype my partner and I have 4 cats, but fear not, having been raised with dogs I'm an equal opportunity animal lover.
(Top right to bottom left: Bruce, Zuko, Babou, Arya)
How can I help you?
For students, I can:
- Recommend the best databases and other scholarly sources to search for your research topic
- Meet with you individually to hash out your topic or discuss research strategies
- Answer your questions via email, phone, or in-person
- Tell you about library services and resources
For faculty, I can:
- Introduce your students to research tools and strategies via a workshop tailored to your class themes or assignments
- Create a Course Guide tailored to your class or to a particular assignment
- Discuss ways to best incorporate information skills and library materials into your class assignments
- Meet with your students individually outside class
- Purchase books and electronic library materials needed for your research and teaching
- Set up a "profile" for you on our book purchasing system so you'll be alerted to new titles as they become available
- Help you develop expert-level search strategies for your research
- Track down tricky citations
- Act as a liaison communicating the department's concerns and needs to library administration
University of Michigan School of Information: Master of Science in Information (2013)
Specializing in Libraries and Archives
University of Birmingham, Shakespeare Institute: Master of Arts in English (2008)
Albion College, Bachelor of Arts (2007)
Theatre, English Literature, and Communication Studies