I am a social sciences librarian at Falvey, and I work on a variety of projects related to the Library's Strategic Plan.
Before joining the library staff at Falvey, I was the Psychology and Sociology Librarian at the University of Michigan and the Outreach and Information Technology Librarian at Bryn Mawr College.
How can I help you?
For students, I can:
- Recommend the best databases and other scholarly sources to search for your research topic
- Meet with you individually to hash out your topic or discuss research strategies
- Answer your questions via email, phone, or in-person
- Tell you about library services and resources
For faculty, I can:
- Introduce your students to research tools and strategies via a workshop tailored to your class themes or assignments
- Create a Course Guide tailored to your class or to a particular assignment
- Discuss ways to best incorporate information skills and library materials into your class assignments
- Meet with your students individually outside class
- Purchase books and electronic library materials needed for your research and teaching
- Set up a "profile" for you on our book purchasing system so you'll be alerted to new titles as they become available
- Help you develop expert-level search strategies for your research
- Track down tricky citations
- Act as a liaison communicating the department's concerns and needs to library administration
610-519-3846 (forwards to personal number)
MLS, School of Communication, Information, and Library Studies, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
MA in Sociology, University of California, San Diego
BA in Psychology/Sociology, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT