I am a social sciences librarian at Falvey, and I work on a variety of projects related to the Library's Strategic Plan.
Before joining the library staff at Falvey, I was the Psychology and Sociology Librarian at the University of Michigan and the Outreach and Information Technology Librarian at Bryn Mawr College.
How can I help you?
For students, I can:
- Recommend the best databases and other scholarly sources to search for your research topic
- Meet with you individually to hash out your topic or discuss research strategies
- Answer your questions via email, phone, or in-person
- Tell you about library services and resources
For faculty, I can:
- Introduce your students to research tools and strategies via a workshop tailored to your class themes or assignments
- Create a Course Guide tailored to your class or to a particular assignment
- Discuss ways to best incorporate information skills and library materials into your class assignments
- Meet with your students individually outside class
- Purchase books and electronic library materials needed for your research and teaching
- Set up a "profile" for you on our book purchasing system so you'll be alerted to new titles as they become available
- Help you develop expert-level search strategies for your research
- Track down tricky citations
- Act as a liaison communicating the department's concerns and needs to library administration
MLS, School of Communication, Information, and Library Studies, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
MA in Sociology, University of California, San Diego
BA in Psychology/Sociology, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT