Villanova students, faculty, and staff may place holds on books, DVDs, and other circulating items from the Library’s online catalog. Patrons may also request E-ZBorrow and Inter-Library Loan items for Contactless Pickup.
Library staff will send an email when the requested items are ready for pickup.
How to place items on hold
- Log into your library account using the My Library Account link in the upper right corner of the library website.
- Log in with your Villanova email address and password
- Search for the item(s) you wish to place on hold through the online catalog search.
- Click item links to view more details about each item.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the item page. Under the item location, click on Request Hold.
- Click Submit Request in the following window. A confirmation window will appear after submitting the request.
- Repeat the steps above for each item you wish to place on hold. You will be able to submit hold requests as long as you are logged into your library account.
Once holds have been placed, Falvey staff will pull your requested items from the stacks and check them out to your account. Please allow 2-5 business days for processing.
how to pick up your items
You will receive an email when your holds are available for pickup. Items will be held for 7 days from date of notification.*
Contactless Pickup Shelves are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Wildcard and mask required for building access.
Contactless Pickup shelves are located on the 1st floor between the Service Desk and the printers. Your items are wrapped with a book band that includes your last and first name. Your items will already been checked out to you with an itemized receipt. Staff interaction is not required.
*If items are not retrieved from the Contactless Pickup Shelves, they will be returned to the stacks (for Falvey books) or the lending library (for E-ZBorrow and Inter-Library Loan books).
To view your checked out items and any Falvey hold requests that are still pending, please visit your library account at this link: My Library Account (login required).
- Print Course Reserves will not circulate until further notice. Patrons may use the ILLiad service to request scans from Course Reserves or the main collection.
- Contactless Pickup is not available for alumni, Courtesy Members, or visitors.
- Special Collections materials and print Course Reserves are unavailable for pickup