Contactless Pickup service is available at Falvey Memorial Library. Villanova students, faculty, and staff may place holds on books, DVDs, and other circulating items from the Library’s online catalog. Library staff will send an email when the requested items are ready for pickup.
Note: Physical materials from E-ZBorrow and Interlibrary Loan are not available at this time.
How to place items on hold
- Log into your library account using the My Library Account link in the upper right corner of the library website.
- Log in with your Villanova username (not email address) and password
- Search for the item(s) you wish to place on hold through the online catalog search.
- Click item links to view more details about each item.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the item page. Under the item location, click on Request Hold.
- Click Submit Request in the following window. A confirmation window will appear after submitting the request.
- Repeat the steps above for each item you wish to place on hold. You will be able to submit hold requests as long as you are logged into your library account.
Once holds have been placed, Falvey staff will pull your requested items from the stacks and check them out to your account. Please allow 2-5 business days for processing.
how to pick up your items
You will receive an email when your holds are available for pickup. Contactless Pickup shelves are located on the 1st floor across from the Service Desk. Staff interaction is not required.
Your items will be placed into a paper bag and labeled with your name. An itemized receipt will be included in the bag. Simply locate the bag with your name and remove it from the shelves.
Visit the library during building hours to pick up your holds:
- August 10–16, 9 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Starting Monday, August 17, Monday–Sunday: 6 a.m.–midnight
Items will be held for 7 days. If items are not retrieved after 7 days, they will be returned to the stacks.
- Physical course reserves will not circulate in the fall semester. Patrons may use the ILLiad service to request scans from course reserves or the main collection.
- Contactless pickup is not available for alumni, Courtesy Members, or visitors.
- Special Collections materials and print course reserves are unavailable for pickup.