The Web Committee evaluates the effectiveness of the library’s web presence (with a particular focus on usability/consistency/accessibility over content), discusses emerging technologies, makes decisions about configuration and design, and coordinates implementation of these decisions with the Technology Department and content editors.
- Ensure a consistent, user-friendly and accessible library web presence by making recommendations to the Technology Department and relevant content managers about website look and feel, navigation, and content of top-level pages.
- Maintain a list of content managers with responsibility for specific areas of the web site, and work with these managers to ensure currency and accuracy of information.
- Serve as a primary contact point for issues related to the library web presence.
The Web Committee is comprised of:
- Director of Library Technology (chair)
- 3 additional members from Library Technology
- 1 member from RSSE
- 1 member from Access Services
- 1 member from Communications & Marketing
- Up to 3 “at large” members from the library staff