In honor of National Library Week, Falvey is running a video contest! Submit a short video highlighting your favorite physical or virtual space in Falvey Memorial Library and why it is your favorite place. Do you see the library as a temple? A gaming location? Is it the first place you run to when looking for online resources? Or do you love the new "Speakers' Corner" on the first floor?
Your video could feature our online chat, a group study room, a special collection, your favorite chair, the third floor, a web page, the view of Mendel or the grotto, an article delivery service, a web request form or any other Library space or place.
The winning video will be featured on our website. The submitter(s) of the overall best video will win fabulous prizes!
(To see the winning video and runners up from the 2011 contest, follow this link.)
Deliver your video to us by midnight, Sunday, Apr. 1, 2012 (see rules below). We will announce a winner on Monday, Apr. 9th, 2012.
Your video entry must:
- Be between 30-60 seconds in length
- Be in .AVI, .MOV, or .WMV format
- Highlight a library space, online or in the building (this can include our new spaces on the 2nd floor but should not be the LSS, MLRC, or Writing Center)
- Be emailed to email@example.com by midnight, Sunday, Apr. 1, 2012
- Comply with the Student Code of Conduct (as laid out in the Student Handbook)
- Comply with U.S. Copyright Law (find some tips for working within fair use here)
- Be filmed and produced entirely by currently-enrolled Villanova students
- Have a completed release form for every person appearing in the film
- Give Falvey Memorial Library & Villanova University royalty-free use of the work
- Be respectful of others who are working if you choose to film in the library
- If submitting as a group, the group must be comprised of 3 currently-enrolled Villanova students or less
Prizes for best video will be awarded as follows:
- If submitted by an individual the prize will be a Kindle Fire
- If submitted by a group of 2-3 individuals the prize will be an Apple iPod Touch for each group member
How to submit an entry (choose one of the following methods):
- Save your video file to a flash drive or CD and deliver it to the Communications & Publications team in Falvey Memorial Library.
- Send the file as an attachment to an email message. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload it to your YouTube account as an unlisted video and provide us with the link. Send the link to email@example.com.
Judging will take place between Apr. 1 and Apr. 8, 2012, and will consist of a panel of Villanova undergraduate and graduate students as well as Falvey staff. Winner(s) will be posted on the Library website, blog, and Facebook page on Tuesday, Apr. 10, 2012.