Interlibrary Loan staff members are available, Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM. Interlibrary loan (ILL) refers to the loan of material from another library or the delivery of a print or electronic document from another library. Falvey Memorial Library lends and borrows materials in conjunction with libraries around the world.
- Villanova users should check Falvey's online library catalog, to determine if the library owns the material. If the library owns the item but it is currently in a status of On Loan, Overdue, On Hold, or Renewed, an electronic E-ZBorrow request can be submitted. If the item is unavailable through E-ZBorrow, you will be redirected to Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
Submitting your request:
- Villanova students, staff and faculty may request to borrow material from other libraries when the material is not owned by Falvey Library.
- Interlibrary loan services are free of charge to all Villanova students, faculty, and staff.
- Interlibrary Loan requests must be submitted electronically. To help speed the processing of your requests, please be sure to review the "Not Needed After" field of the interlibrary loan form. Due to the volume of requests received, the Interlibrary Loan staff request that the following limits be adhered to:
Undergraduate students: 5 requests per day
Graduate students: 10 requests per day
Faculty member: 20 requests per day or discuss research needs with staff
- Requests submitted in excess of suggested limits will be processed as time allows.
Libraries engaged in borrowing materials nationally and internationally are subject to a series of protocols that may preclude the borrowing and lending of the following materials:
Textbooks required for current Villanova courses
Certain video, CD, DVD and microfiche/microfilm materials
Certain dissertations / theses
Notification and Pick-up:
Users are notified by email about the status of their interlibrary loan request. Patrons can retrieve requested materials at the Circulation Desk by presenting their valid Villanova University Wildcard.
Loan periods and renewals:
- Most books received through interlibrary loan have varying due dates. Loan instructions are provided with each item. Loan periods, renewal periods, and any restrictions on the use of loaned material are at the discretion of the lending library. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Office in advance of the due date to inquire about the renewal of the material. Interlibrary loan materials should be returned to the Circulation desk on or before the due date to ensure continued good relations with the lending library.