Biology offers undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Departments/programs/subject areas supported
Major areas of interest include: zoology and animal taxonomy, environmental sciences and ecology, biochemistry and molecular biology, marine and freshwater biology, evolutionary biology, cell biology, and human physiology.
NOTE: Electronic format is preferred for all Library holdings unless otherwise noted.
- Academic journals in electronic (Peer reviewed preferred)
- Scholarly monographs in electronic and print format (academic and trade press preferred)
- Resources and materials collected selectively or by request: audiovisual materials; reference data, handbooks, dictionaries, and other material (electronic strongly preferred); textbooks, study guides, and supplementary material
Resources not collected:
- Non-Villanova theses and dissertations
- Conference proceedings (selectively)
- Government documents
- Hardware and software manuals
- Instructor’s materials
- Juvenile works
Collaborations within the library
Biology has strong connections with chemistry through the biochemistry degree program, with engineering, with the biomedical engineering degree, and with geography and the environment concerning the study of ecology. Biology also works closely with the College of Nursing regarding pharmacology, anatomy, and physiology.