- Impact of Travel on State Economies 2017 U.S. Travel Association
- National Travel & Tourism Office Inbound and Outbound data on the national level.
- National Household Travel Survey Covers travel (not necessarily tourist) by the American public.
Authorized access (on and off campus) limited to current Villanova students, faculty and staff.
Mintel Insights & Analytics Limitations on Use
Authorized users (on and off campus) limited to current Villanova students, faculty and staff.
- PHLCVB (Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau) private nonprofit tourism promotion agency. Offers data & reports in economic impact of local tourism industry with links to partner agencies
- Visit Philadelphia public private partnership organization devoted to markting Greater Philadelphia tourism. Infographics and reports on types of stays and hotel performance.
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRCP) Regional Economics Hospitality & Tourism Report offers roadmap to public data sources for impact analysis.
- Econsult Solutions Engaged by several Philadelphia area organizations to study economic impacts of facets to tourism. Some older reports available.
Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Employment Statisitcs, Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, and look for these data series under the category "pay"
American Factfinder: County Business Patterns & American Community Survey from the U.S. Census
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Regional economic surveys and analysis
Classification Codes for Searching BLS & Census data:
- NAICS (North American Industrial Classification Code) used to collect data on businesses in the U.S.
- Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) used to collect data on workers
We are not a subscriber to a database dedicated to the scholarly literature on travel & tourism, so the following list of interdisciplinary, business & economics databases will serve the capture the literature available.
A few of the key journals are listed by title.
Web of Science (Clarivate) Tutorial
EconLit with Full Text (EBSCO)
ABI/INFORM Complete (ProQuest)
Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
Cruise Lines International Association Reports on passegers and the industry
National Park Service Visitor Spending Effects Note the data portal with visitor data is not available at the time of this writing.
Adventure Travel Trade Association Most reports are behind a pay wall.
Museums as Economic Engines American Alliance of Museums commissioned study.