Business Research Sources
- Industry Reports & Market Research
- Company Reports (public, private, local, foreign)
- Statistics/Data (government, trades associations, studies)
- Consumer Surveys
- Academic Research
- Trade Associations
Strauss's Handbook of Business Information For overview of common sources.
Business Subject Page Lists subscribed sources
Total Addressable Market (TAM) Sources
Industry and market research reports are typically used for top down secondary research on determining the total addressabile market because they estimage market sizes and market shares. Because they are typically produced to address the needs of established markets, they have less utility for innovative entrepreneural projects. You may find many market research reports by Googling, that cost thousands. Contact a librarian to see if we have access.
Bottom up TAM research typically involves primary research that is informed or supported with other business sources such as business or membership directories, conference exhibitor lists, syndicated consumer surveys, statistics and networks such as LinkedIn.IBISWorld
MarketResearch.com Academic Limitations on Use
Licensed for academic uses only. May not be used for commercial uses.
Market Share Reporter
Euromonitor (Passport) Limitations on Use
Authorized access (on and off campus) limited to current Villanova students, faculty and staff.
Simmons Insights Tutorial
Data Axle Reference Solutions (Formerly Reference USA)
Research Consultation Tips
- Use the appointment scheduler
- Share a description of your innovative new product
- Briefly summarize what you have already tried
- Get specific about what you want to know by generating concrete questions you hope to answer.