The databases listed here provide insights and data relevant to multiple if not all four of the dimensions (cultural, administrative, geographic and economic) needed to analyze the potential for firm/industry expansion opportunities.
Likewise, searching and browsing news and academic research for each dimension will be beneficial.
The other sections of this guide, list specific databases, reports, books and sites relevant to each dimension and to company & industry reports.
Economist Intelligence Unit
A to Z International Business
Country Commercial Guides.
Index Mundi Country Comparison
Latin America Advisor
Access World News (NewsBank) Tutorial
Factiva (Dow Jones)
Nexis Uni Limitations on Use
LexisNexis online services and the materials contained therein are under copyright by LexisNexis. All rights reserved. No part of these Services may be used except for research purposes, and the Services may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the LexisNexis Academic Library Solutions. Materials retrieved from the Services may not be duplicated in hard copy or machine-readable form without the prior written authorization of LexisNexis Academic & Library Solutions, except that limited reproduction of output is permitted solely for individual use by the Authorized User or internal distribution within the Subscribing Institution in accordance with the terms of this Agreement unless further limited or prohibited by the Copyright Act of 1976. Under no circumstances may the Materials or any portion thereof be used to create derivative products or services.
Financial Times Limitations on Use Access Instructions
Subscription courtesy of Villanova School of Business.
Online Newspaper Archives Index (Wikipedia)
ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest)
Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
Falvey Book Search
- Hofstead Insights Comparison
- Argentina Society & Culture
- Passport Argentina
- Speculative Fictions: Chilean Culture, Economics and the Neoliberal Transition
- Building Power from Below: Chilean Workers Take on Walmart
- Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands (bit dated)
Gallup Analytics and Brain Tutorial
Statista Global Consumer Survey Guide
- Guide to Law Online Argentina
- Guide to Law Online Chile
- Political Handbook of the World
- GlobalLex Argentina
- GlobalLex Chile
- Ministry of Transporation and Telecommunications Chile
- Ministry of the Environment Chile
- Ministry of Transport Argentina
- Ministry of Environment & Sustainable Development Argentina
- Fitch Solutions Industry Insights Offers reports on infrastructure, telecommunications, mining, power, renewables, oil and gas for the Americas including Chile and Argentina.
I've listed economic reports found in Business Source Premier and ABI Inform. Economist Intelligence Unit, Euromonitor, EMIS and Global Edge also offer copius economic information.
- IHS Markit Economics & Country Risk Chile
- Marketline In-depth PESTLE Insights Chile
- IHS Markit Economics & Country Risk Argentina
- Fitch Solutions Country Risk Report Argentina
- Fitch Solutions Trade & Investment Risk Report Argentina
- Fitch Solutions Country Risk Report Chile
- Fitch Solutions Trade & Investment Risk Report Chile
EMIS Intelligence (Emerging Markets Information Service)
Mergent Online Limitations on Use
NetAdvantage (Standard & Poor's Capital IQ)