- The Services for Distance Learning Students offers instructions on how to access online resources, request materials through interlibrary loan and request delivery of print material (when the library reopens, post-COVID-19)
- To authenticate to subscribed library content, use your Villanova email user name and password (same as MyNova and Blackboard) with DUO Two Factor or use the Gateway VPN Global Protect
- For assistance with research projects, email or make an appointment with the Business Librarian, use the "Ask Us: Live Chat" available during business hours or email a research librarian.
- The Business Subject Guide and Theology & Religious Studies Subject Guide offer complete lists of subscribed resources.
- Use the "Search Everything" box on the top banner of the library site to find books and articles.
- Learn how to find ebook in our collection.
- Use the Journal Finder to get full text access to periodicals and articles.
- Never pay for articles, if you don't find full text in a database or with the Journal Finder, use interlibrary loan or follow the "get a scan" button.
key article databases
ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest)
Provides access to scholarly journals, dissertations, working papers, key business and economics periodicals, and country- and industry-focused reports.
ATLAs PLUS (EBSCO)
Indexes academic journals, magazines, essays, books, book reviews in all fields of religious and theological studies back to the early 19th century, as well as Catholic Church documents compiled by the American Theological Library Association. Includes full text of academic journals. Brings together ATLA Religion Database, the Catholic Periodical and Literature Index, and enhanced full-text access to ATLASerials on a single platform. Coverage goes back to 1981.
Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
Provides access to a wide range of academic business journals and trade magazines. Topics include management, marketing, finance, economics, and management information systems. Full text access may be embargoed for up to three years. Coverage goes back to 1965.
Dissertations and Theses Global (ProQuest)
Provides citations, abstracts, and full text, when available, of dissertations and theses from 1743 to the present.
Provides citations and abstracts to peer-reviewed journals, books, and conference proceedings in all major disciplines. Provides information on citing and cited references for each article.
Web of Science (Clarivate) Tutorial
Provides access to the Social Sciences Citation Index, Science Citation Index Expanded, Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Conference Proceeding Citation Index, Book Citation Index, Emerging Sources Citation Index, Current Chemical Reactions, and Index Chemicus. Search for scholarly articles in any discipline, or for articles that cite a known author or work. Coverage varies.
A tutorial for this resource can be found at: https://clarivate.com/webofsciencegroup/support/wos/wos-core-collection/
Presents a combined catalog of the catalogs of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide. WorldCat highlights publications available at Villanova University. Other items can be requested via an inter-library loan request form.
The American Psychologicial Association (APA) tyle is most commonly used by business publications. However you should use whichever style guide is recommended by your professors. The Publication Manual of the APA is not available online.
- Purdue OWL is a reliable source for APA and other styles
- Citation Resources by Falvey Librarians