MarketLine Company Profiles (EBSCO)
Mergent Online Limitations on Use
Mergent Archives (Moody's Manuals, Annual Reports, SEC & Commodity Research Bureau)
Morningstar Investing Center
NetAdvantage (Standard & Poor's Capital IQ)
WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) Limitations on Use Access Instructions
Authorized users (on and off campus) limited to current Villanova students and faculty.
ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest)
Access World News (NewsBank) Tutorial
Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
Wall Street Journal Limitations on Use Access Instructions
Access courtesy of the Villanova School of Business.
Sharing accounts and copying or publishing content is not permitted. Eligible users include current Villanova students, faculty and staff.
Financial Times Limitations on Use Access Instructions
Subscription courtesy of Villanova School of Business.
First Research Industry Profiles (ABI/INFORM Collection - ProQuest)
Fair Disclosure Wire
Nexis Uni Limitations on Use
LexisNexis online services and the materials contained therein are under copyright by LexisNexis. All rights reserved. No part of these Services may be used except for research purposes, and the Services may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the LexisNexis Academic Library Solutions. Materials retrieved from the Services may not be duplicated in hard copy or machine-readable form without the prior written authorization of LexisNexis Academic & Library Solutions, except that limited reproduction of output is permitted solely for individual use by the Authorized User or internal distribution within the Subscribing Institution in accordance with the terms of this Agreement unless further limited or prohibited by the Copyright Act of 1976. Under no circumstances may the Materials or any portion thereof be used to create derivative products or services.
Congressional Publications (ProQuest)
Includes age, education, positons, prior roles, compensation, affiliations (ethnic is challenging)
- Mergent Online & NetAdvantage search for current and prior professionals
- D&B Hoover casts wider net for decision makers, but not historical
- WRDS Compustat-Execucomp for historical compensation
- SEC Filings via any of above or Edgar (10K & 20F bios, Proxy- DEF 14A compensation
Events include new products, M&A activity, buybacks, splits, crisis management, investor compaigns, legal challenges, divestitures and many other potentially market moving events.
- Charting features in NetAdvantage or CapitalIQ (Finance Lab). As of 6/23/22 the NetAdvantage charting feature is only working on campus. Efforts are being made to restore off campus access.
- Search News around events of interest in ABI Inform, Business Source Premier, Access World News, Nexis Uni, WSJ ect.
- This VIDEO demonstrates how to use the charting feature in Capital IQ .
- Capital IQ Pro Register with Villanova email for remote access, Do not use log in through SSO. Courtesy of Gmelich Lab for Financial Markets
- Conference Calls/Earnings Reports via Seeking Alpha or Fair Disclosure Wire
- Twitter Advanced Search by Account and Date https://twitter.com/search-advanced
- Quotes and coverage in the news via ABI Inform, Business Source Premier, Access World News, Nexis Uni
- Testimony in Congressional Proquest
For historical financial reports, ratios and market performance see the following.
- Mergent Archives (longer time horizon, but not downloadable to excel for financials)
- Mergent Online (beyond 10 years for financials and equity pricing)
- Net Advantage
- D&B Hoovers