- Example search: Communication in Small Groups. Try using the suggestions on the left-hand side of the page to refine the search.
Communication Abstracts (EBSCO)
- Example search: Leadership. Add search terms related to your project or use the suggestions on the left-hand side of the page to narrow the results.
Sociological Abstracts (CSA)
Covers sociological topics in fields such as anthropology, economics, education, medicine, community development, philosophy, demography, political science, and social psychology.
- Example search: Leadership and College students (both terms as descriptors)
Indexes journals, dissertations and some books in the fields of personality psychology, social psychology, educational psychology and more.
- Example search: Combine descriptors and keywords to pinpoint your search. You can use the NOT connector to eliminate commonly overlapping subjects, or the * to find related words beginning with the same stem:
To find more interdisciplinary resources, see the Subject Guides.
Some articles are available in full text directly from the database you are searching. You will see a link to HTML and/or PDF full text. If you do not see this link, you will need to use the FindIt button.
If the Library owns that article in full text, you will see a link directly to the Article or Journal. If after clicking the FindIt button you see, "Sorry, no online holdings available," you will need to request the item through interlibrary loan. The item is usually delivered electronically within a few business days.
VUFind - Falvey Library's Catalog
Go to the Search tab to find some useful books for planning your training session.
- This short list includes some examples of books regarding student groups, leadership, etc.
Falvey doesn't own the book you need? Don't worry! You can request the book through EZ-Borrow and receive it within 4 to 5 days.
- Available for use in the library, this is the official guide to APA style.
- OWL is a freely available online resource provided by Perdue University. The OWL gives clear instructions for formatting your paper and bibliography in APA style.
RefWorks is a Web-based software package designed to help you easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
See the Library Guide to Refworks for more information.