Finding Digital books
Falvey has many digital texts that you can search for and use online even though you can't access our physical collections.
Library Search Engine - Basics tutorial (short video)
Library Search Engine - Advanced Techniques tutorial (short video)
Instructions for finding ebooks:
Visual Guide to searching for ebooks
- Use this link to search ebooks
- It will take you to our entire catalog of ebooks
- Once you follow the link to our online collection, you can enter search terms in the search bar AND if you like you can also select and apply additional subject filters to the search terms you are trying, by selecting different subjects in the right hand column.
- Remember that academic databases need you to be more specific in your search terms than google. If one search doesn't work try another, think of synonyms.
- A really good place to get ideas for key word searches is Wikipedia, you may discover terminology you were unaware of, or connections you didn't know about. Use those ideas to develop search terms to use on the library website and our databases.
There are two primary ways to search for books through the library.
1-Search the Catalog
To search the catalog enter your search terms into the search bar which can be found at the top of any library page and click "find." You will see 3 columns, click on the link for the one on the far left labeled "books & media."
Once you have done this the results you see will be book available through Falvey Library. You can further narrow down you results using the options in the right hand column labeled "Refine Search."
Falvey Library Catalog
The Library's catalog enables patrons to search & browse Falvey Library’s collection of books, journals, audio/video materials, electronic resources and more.