To find books, journal titles and other materials, whether in print or online formats, select the library’s tab CATALOG (or from the library homepage use the down arrow key to highlight the catalog).
Search tips for the library catalog:
- You can use quotes to combine words together:
- You can use an * or an ? to represent a wildcard. The * can represent 0 or many characters. The ? can represent 1 single character:
critic* = crítica, or crítical or criticism, or critics
- Boolean Searching: You can use AND, OR, NOT in between words or phrases to combine them with boolean logic.
litera* AND "20th century" AND (espana OR spain OR spanish)
E-Z Borrow and Interlibrary Loan
Interlibrary loan is available for books and journals that are not owned by Falvey. EZ-Borrow is usually faster than interlibrary loan, since the books come from a local library network. EZ-Borrow can be used for books that the Library owns, but that are currently checked out by somebody else.
- Diccionario Oxford de literatura española e hispanoamericana. Barcelona: Critica, 1984.
- Gies, David T. "The Cambridge History of Spanish Literature." The Cambridge History of Spanish Literature. Cambridge University Press, 2004. Cambridge Histories Online. Cambridge University Press. 26 May 2009
- Gale's Literary Index
A master index to literary series published by Gale. It combines and cross references more than 130,000 author names (including pseudonyms and variant names) and more than 140,000 titles. For biographical information and critical essays. The library owns the print volumes to many of the titles found in the index. Click on Modern Languages --Reviews to find the series title and its call number.
Located on 2nd floor, Bound Periodicals
- Contemporary Authors (Gale)
A source of biographical information on current authors in many fields and from many countries. Sketches provide personal facts, careers, writings, and biographical sources. Available online; See Literature Resource Center.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (Gale)
"Excerpts from criticism of the works of today's novelists, poets, playwrights, and other creative writers, specifically those now living or who have died since 1960." Includes well established authors as well as some mystery and science fiction authors and writers of current interest. Paper volumes 1 to 197. The database Literature Resource Center also includes Contemporary Literary Criticism Select from volume 96 to present.
Ref PN771 .C62 Located on 2nd floor, Bound Periodicals
- Dictionary of Literary Biography (Gale)
A multi-volume set. Entries range from brief notices of secondary figures to major treatments of major figures, written by authorities in their fields. Includes bibliographies of works by and about the authors. Selected authors and topics appear in Literature Resource Center. Cumulative index to the entire set in last volume published.
Ref PS21 .D5 Located on 2nd floor, Bound Periodicals
- Literature Criticism From 1400 to 1800 (Gale)
A multi-volume set. Provides critical discussion of the works of fifteenth-, sixteenth-, seventeenth- and eighteenth-century novelists, poets, playwrights, philosophers, and other creative writers. Paper volumes from v. 1-134 (1984-2007).
Ref PN86 .L56 Located on 2nd floor, Bound Periodicals
- Arts and Humanities Search (OCLC)
Over 1.4 million records referencing more than 1,300 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals. The database includes all records indexed from 1980 to the present.
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
A premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, Academic OneFile is both authoritative and comprehensive. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text with no restrictions, researchers are able to find accurate information quickly. Includes full-text coverage of the New York Times back to 1995.
- Biography Resource Center (Gale)
A comprehensive database of biographical information on nearly 220,000 people from around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas and throughout history. Access to more than 330,000 biographies from respected Gale Group sources with full-text articles available from more than 250 magazines as well as more than 20,000 images, and in-depth coverage of key events.
- Humanities Full Text (WilsonWeb)
Indexes and abstracts articles in more than 300 periodicals in archaeology, art , classics, film, folklore, journalism, linguistics, music, the performing arts, philosophy, religion, world history and world literature.
A searchable and browsable archive of full-text core journals in the humanities, social sciences and mathematics.
- Literature Resource Center.(Gale)
Provides access to biographies, bibliographies and critical analysis of authors from every age and literary discipline. The LRC is built on Contemporary Authors Online and Dictionary of Literary Biography Online, containing more than 10,000 biocritical essays on authors and their works written by academic scholars as well as Contemporary Literary Criticism Select.
- MLA International Bibliography of Books and Articles on the Modern Languages and Literatures. (CSA)
Produced by the Modern Language Association of America, the MLA International Bibliography indexes critical scholarship on literature, language, linguistics and folklore. Coverage includes journal articles, series, monographs, dissertations, bibliographies, proceedings and other materials. The database includes all records indexed from 1963 to the present, approximately 1,200,000 records.
- Project Muse
Searchable collection of recent full-text humanities, social science and mathematics journals published by Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Gibaldi, Joseph. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. 6th ed. NY: Modern Language Association of America, 2003.
Reference Research Consulting Desk LB2369 .G53 2003
- University of California Berkeley: Citing Your Sources MLA Style (pdf).
Guide to MLA style
- Research and Documentation Online.
Guide to the major documentation styles
- Gale Products: Citing Literature Resource Center and Biography Resource Center.
Assist in documenting materials from these databases