This guide can be accessed at https://tinyurl.com/FalveySE
Exercise 1: Examine the map and answer the questions below it. You can also access the map at this link: https://www.socialexplorer.com/edfe4b4aab/view
- What does each orange area on the map represent?
- What is the source of the data?
- What does the scale mean? (If you're looking at the embedded map above, click on the button in the lower left to see it If you're looking at the link, look for the scale in the upper right-hand corner.)
- What patterns do you notice?
- What information not on the map would help you make inferences here?
Exercise 2: Start at the link for the same map: https://www.socialexplorer.com/2945bdb71b/explore
Use the "Change data" feature in the upper left-hand corner to try mapping the same data (people with doctorates) for the following years:
Were you able to map people with doctorates for all of those years?
What changes did you notice?