Oxford University Press provides access to ebooks, ebook chapters, articles, dictionaries, and encyclopedias.
- Content can be read instantly within any Internet browser.
- Ebooks and ebook chapters can also be downloaded as PDFs, which can be accessed from any device with a PDF reader
Oxford University Press includes three major outlets online:
Oxford Scholarship Online
- Offers complete ebooks
- Contains thousands of academic works from the celebrated scholarly list of Oxford University Press, covering subjects across the humanities, social sciences, sciences, medicine, and law.
Oxford Handbooks Online
- Offers ebook chapters and articles
- Provides digital access in selected disciplines. Each handbook introduces and surveys the state of scholarship in a field of study through review articles written by leading subject specialists. Articles review key issues and debates and set the agenda for new research.
Oxford Research Encyclopedias
- Offers dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Contains peer-reviewed topical introductions and literature reviews written by well-regarded authorities. Available in selected subject areas. New topics are regularly added.
Searching and Access
The instructions below focus on accessing complete ebooks from Oxford Scholarship Online, but can also be used as a guide for Oxford Handbooks Online and Oxford Research Encyclopedias (all three providers share similar functions and layouts).
- Open Oxford Scholarhip Online
- Use the search box on the homepage to search for topics, titles, subjects, and more. OR, click any of the subject headings on the homepage to Browse by Subject.
- A list of items relevant to your search will appear.
- To narrow your search to only items that you can access, check the boxes for Unlocked, Free, and Open Access under the Availability heading on the left side of the page.
- View more information about each item by clicking on the book title.
- Each book can be accessed online as individual chapters, which are available to view and print on the web page or as individual downloads.
- To print, save, cite, email, or share, use the buttons on the top right corner of the page.
- You can also search for a physical copy of the book using the Find in Library (searches the Falvey Library catalog) or the Find in WorldCat (searches libraries worldwide) buttons.
- To search within the book, use the Search within book box above the table of contents.
- To access individual chapters, click on any chapter title.
- Once you are viewing the chapter, you can:
- View and download the PDF.
- PDF file format will allow you to view, annotate, and print any parts of the ebook. PDF ebooks can be viewed with any PDF reader.
- Print, save, cite, email, or share the chapter.
- Read the full text of the chapter online.
- View and download the PDF.
- Access additional chapters and search from within book from the menu on the left.