While scholars can readily identify the most prestigious journals in their field, finding equally suitable but less prestigious journals, especially those that are interdisciplinary in scope, can pose a challenge. There are many reasons to consider submitting an article to a “less prestigious” or lower ranked journal: the topic of an article, the type and size of a journal's readership, the waiting periods between submission, acceptance, and publication, and/or a journal's acceptance rate. This guide introduces resources that assist with identifying journals by subject matter and access model, journal metrics, and authors' rights. It also offers a selection of general and discipline specific writing guides.
- Identifying Journals introduces tools that identify academic journals by discipline and field of study.
- Journal Metrics introduces common journal metrics (impact factors and altmetrics) and lists resources that track them.
- Open Access Publishing presents tools that identify and assess open access journals. It also introduces the Library's Scholarship Open Access Reserve (SOAR) fund in support of article processing fees.
- Authors' Rights presents issues and resources related to publication agreements and intellectual property.
- Writing Guides presents selected general and discipline specific guides to writing and publishing.
|Bishov, Deborah||Communication; Education & Counseling; Russian Studies||610-519-5207||Room 225|
|Fogle, Nikolaus||Philosophy||610-519-5182||Room 227|
|Fry, Alfred||Engineering, Nursing, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, Astronomy, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Science||610-519-4283||Room 224|
|Hauck, Linda||Business, Human Resource Development||610-519-8744||Room 222|
|Hayes, Erica||Digital Scholarship, Digital Humanities, and Global Interdisciplinary Studies||610-519-5391||Room 229|
|Hughes, Sarah||Nursing, Biology, Health Sciences||610-519-8129||Room 220|
|LeBlanc, Robert||ACS, First-Year Experience||610-519-7778||Room 226|
|Poley, Darren||Theology & Religious Studies; Humanities & Classical Studies||610-519-6371||Room 230|
|Seibert, Jutta||History, Art History, Irish Studies||610-519-7876||Room 228|
|Stein, Merrill||Political Science / Psychological and Brain Sciences / Public Admin. / Naval Science / Geography & the Environment||610-519-4272||Room 221|
|Turkel, Susan||Sociology & Criminology, Global Interdisciplinary Studies, and Gender & Women's Studies||610-519-3846||Room 227-230|
|Wingo, Sarah||English Literature, Theatre, and Romance Languages and Literature||610-519-5183||Room 223|