Do you know everything you need to know about academic integrity and avoiding plagiarism?
Start by exploring Academic Integrity at Villanova University.
The Academic Integrity Code is also in the Student Handbook under Academic Policies.
More Information on Academic Integrity, Avoiding Plagiarism, and Writing College Papers
- Citation Styles
- Free online resource for automatically generating citations in APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, and Turabian styles
- Further explanation of academic integrity concepts
- Glossary of terms relating to academic integrity
- Guides & Aids to help with Citing & Evaluating
- Writing Guide (Villanova University Writing Center)
Villanova University academic departments and professors often require a particular style of documentation that is different from the general advice given in this Gateway about citing in various disciplines. Students should check with their professors to determine the specific style of documentation their professors prefer.
Test your progress with some of these quizzes
- Essential parts of a citation: Before you can format a citation correctly, you need to recognize the essential elements
- Paraphrasing: How do I borrow from a source without plagiarizing?
- Common knowledge: Everybody knows that! (Or do they?)
The purpose of the Academic Integrity Gateway is to create an online guide to help Villanova University students in their attempt to maintain academic honesty while abiding by acceptable scholarly practices. We hope it will become a major point of reference for faculty and librarians in their attempt to encourage high standards for student research and writing as they uphold the academic integrity policy of Villanova University.
A collaboration of the Office of the Provost and Falvey Memorial Library.
*We gratefully acknowledge Beth Meszaros' work on the development of the quizzes.