RefWorks is a paid web service designed to help you easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
RefWorks suport will be ending JULY 2019 and exisiting accounts may be unreachable after that time. If you need assistance getting your library moved to another program like Zotero or Mendely, please reach out to us or contact your subject librarian.
With RefWorks you can...
- create a personal database online - Store an unlimited number of records accessible from any computer linked to the Internet. No downloading software or installation required.
- import references automatically from multiple databases - Search results from a wide variety of databases can be automatically exported into RefWorks with the click of a button.
- organize and manage references - Sort and file references quickly and easily using folders, duplicate search, and author, keyword, and periodical indexes.
- share references - Using the Internet, easily collaborate with members of your own institution or globally with other researchers, faculty members, or students.
- format bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds - Save hours of typing time and decrease the number of errors made when creating tedious bibliographies. Easily make changes to your paper and reformat in seconds.
How do I get a RefWorks account?
- From the Databases A-Z page and choose RefWorks or use the Access RefWorks link at the top of this page
- If off-campus, log in with your Villanova ID and password.
- At the next screen, click "Sign Up for a New Account"
- Your account is yours forever, even after you leave Villanova.