RefWorks is a paid web service designed to help you easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
With RefWorks you can...
- create a personal database online - Store an unlimited number of records accessible from any computer linked to the Internet. No downloading software or installation required.
- import references automatically from multiple databases - Search results from a wide variety of databases can be automatically exported into RefWorks with the click of a button.
- organize and manage references - Sort and file references quickly and easily using folders, duplicate search, and author, keyword, and periodical indexes.
- share references - Using the Internet, easily collaborate with members of your own institution or globally with other researchers, faculty members, or students.
- format bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds - Save hours of typing time and decrease the number of errors made when creating tedious bibliographies. Easily make changes to your paper and reformat in seconds.
How do I get a RefWorks account?
- From the Databases A-Z page and choose RefWorks or use the Access RefWorks link at the top of this page
- If off-campus, log in with your Villanova ID and password.
- At the next screen, click "Sign Up for a New Account"
- Your account is yours forever, even after you leave Villanova.
I have a RefWorks account. Now what do I do?