Return to Finding News on a particular topic
Follow the instructions below for finding news on a particular topic using the Falvey Search Engine. Searches most of Falvey's newspaper databases using one searching tool.
- Go to the library homepage
- Locate the search box at the top of the page. From the drop-down menu, select Articles and More
- Enter your search terms in the search box
- In this example, we will use the terms congress AND election
- Click the search button or hit enter to begin the search
- A list of results that match your search will display.
- On the right side of the page, look for the Format heading under Refine Search. Select the option for News.
- If you only wish to find recent articles or articles within a certain date range, enter a date range under Year of Publication. Then, click Set.
- The search results will refresh based on the new filters. You are now only viewing newspaper articles that contain your search terms.
- Use the Find It button in each search result to open each article.
- If you are not on-campus at Villanova, you will be asked to sign in with your Villanova credentials to access the articles.