Mission of the Program
The information literacy program supports and extends the library's instruction mission to the Villanova community. The program seeks to develop lifelong learners who recognize when information is needed, who know where in the vast quantity of print, electronic, and media sources to look for it, and who can then evaluate the information found and use it in an appropriate and ethical manner. For more information concerning the Information Literacy Program, please contact Deborah Bishov, Instructional Design Librarian, at x95207 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Literacy Services
Falvey instructional librarians are available to help your students discover and make the most of the library's resources by
- conducting course-related instruction sessions in the Griffin Room (1st floor, Falvey), the Learning Commons (2nd floor, Falvey) or in technology-enabled classrooms, as scheduled by course instructors. For additional information, see "Course-related Information Literacy Instruction" below
- creating customized, online course guides to assist students in finding the best resources for specific course assignments
- providing printed guides and other handouts
- posting links to specialized library databases and other online resources in Blackboard.
Course-related Information Literacy Instruction
At the request of faculty, research librarians are available to conduct instruction sessions. either in the Griffin Instruction Room (1st floor, Falvey), the Learning Commons (2nd floor, Falvey) or in technology-enabled classrooms on campus. Faculty may place a request by
- contacting their liaison librarian
- contacting Deborah Bishov, Instructional Design Librarian (tel: 610-519-5207; email: email@example.com)
- submitting the information literacy instruction request form.
At least two weeks' notice is appreciated so that librarians may prepare handouts and other instructional materials.
Research Appointment with a Librarian
Villanova students, faculty, or staff may schedule an appointment with a research librarian for assistance with term papers and other research projects. Please fill out and submit the online form.