Mission of the Program
The information literacy program supports and extends the library's instruction mission to the Villanova community. The program seeks to develop lifelong learners who recognize when information is needed, who know where in the vast quantity of print, electronic, and media sources to look for it, and who can then evaluate the information found and use it in an appropriate and ethical manner. For more information concerning the Information Literacy Program, please contact Deborah Bishov at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Literacy Services
Falvey's librarians are available to help your students discover and make the most of the library's resources by
- conducting course-related instruction sessions via Zoom
- designing asynchronous course-integrated library instruction
- creating customized, online course guides to assist students in finding the best resources for specific course assignments
- supporting assignment design that optimizes student use of library resources and information literacy skills
- posting links to specialized library databases and other online resources to course Blackboard sites
Course-related Information Literacy Instruction
At the request of faculty, research librarians are available to conduct instruction sessions via Zoom or asynchronously.
- contacting their subject librarian
- contacting Deborah Bishov, Instructional Design Librarian (email@example.com)
- submitting the information literacy instruction request form.
At least two weeks' notice is appreciated so that librarians may prepare instructional materials.
Research Appointment with a Librarian
Villanova students, faculty, or staff may schedule an appointment with a research librarian for assistance with research projects. Please fill out and submit the online form.