The Griffin Room, located on the first floor of Falvey Memorial Library, is an electronic classroom/computer lab equipped with 32 computers and 1 podium with 1 computer. The Griffin Room space can be divided into two separate rooms. The room to the right (viewed from the outside) is designated Room A (primary) and the room to the left is designated Room B.
The Griffin Room may be used only for the following purposes:
- Course-related information literacy sessions scheduled and taught by Falvey instruction staff.
- Library staff training by Falvey instruction staff.
- Library staff training or product demonstrations by outside vendors as scheduled by Falvey staff.
- Library staff meetings.
Library staff may book the entire room (combined room) if their class or meeting will have at least 17 persons attending.
When not in use for instructional or other purposes by library staff, the classroom may be used as an open computer lab for Villanova University students, faculty or staff.
Access Services will monitor the room and may ask anyone using the room inappropriately to leave.
The Griffin Room is protected by a Public Safety camera.
Users must vacate the room prior to the beginning of a class. If only Room A or Room B is being used for instruction, users may continue to work in the vacant room.
Classes taught by faculty or staff of other departments will not be scheduled in the Griffin Room.
- Faculty or staff seeking academic space should be referred to Room Reservations on the website of the Registrar.
- Faculty or staff seeking nonacademic space should be referred to Contact List for Non-Instructional Facilities on the Registrar website.
Users should report technical problems and malfunctions to the Information Desk.
Questions concerning Griffin Room usage policy should be directed to Deborah Bishov, instructional design librarian (610-519-5207).