Business ratios and norms are used to measure financial and operational performance of industries and firms. For descriptions, formulas and guidance on using commonly applied ratios consult one of the following books or search our catalog for the subject "ratio analysis" or keyword "financial ratio" or "business ratio."
Industry Ratios & Norms
- Almanac of Business and Industrial Financial Ratios by Troy
- BizMiner Check out the interactive tutorial showing how to search BizMiner
- Economic Census Industry Ratios
- Industry Norms and Key Business Ratios from Dun & Bradstreet. Separate volumes cover agriculture, transporation, mining, construction, retailing, wholesaling, manufacturing, financial services and real estate. Current issues at the Falvey Memorial Library Information Desk.
- Internal Revenue Service Statistics Income and tax data on individual, sole proprietership, partnership, S-corps, corporations and nonprofits
- RMA Annual Statement Studies Is available in print or for online access link to ReferenceUSA, International Businesses, Industry Search. See the video below.
- WRDS For access to Compustat on WRDS see the Finance Lab
Company Ratios & Norms
- S&P NetAdvantage
- Mergent Profitability, debt, liquidity and asset managment ratios included in financials going back 10 years.
- Morningstar Historical profitability, efficiency and valuation ratios.
- ReferenceUSA Navigate to the Onesource module, get trends and industry averages. See video below
- Reuters Current snapshot of company & industry ratios.
- Yahoo! Finance Current snapshot of industry and company ratios reported as statistics.
- ValueLine Some historical ratios.
Finding RMA Annual Statement Studies in Reference USA
Finding Company Ratios in ReferenceUSA Onesource
Finding Company & Competitor Ratios Using MergentOnline