How can RAs help?
Refer your students to the library for help with their research!
- Ask your residents about their schoolwork, including what type of assignments they are working on.
- Research librarians can't wait to assist students with case studies, term papers, group projects, or any information need, even if it's not related to coursework.
- Show your students the library website.
- Bring your students to the library!
- We welcome both individual and group appointments, and can even set up a tour and tailored presentation for your residents! See request form below
Tips for using the library
The library offers a wireless network, public access computers, an iPrint center, a coffee shop and lounge, quiet study space, and lots of useful books! There is also a team of helpful librarians ready to help with all your research needs.
Can't make it into the library? Visit us on the Web! Here are some hot spots:
- Subject guides - Library resources broken down into specific disciplines. Use these guides to help you find the top resources for your subject. For instance, if looking for scholarly articles, use these guides to identify the best article databases.
- E-Reference Resources - Broken into generally subject areas, these online encyclopedias, dictionaries, and handbooks are useful for exploring a topic, especially at the start of a research project.
- Tips & Guides - A variety of brief guides, ranging from citations to evaluating resources.
- Academic Integrity - Tips for avoiding plagiarism.
- Interlibrary Loan - If the library doesn't own the book or article you're looking for, request it through interlibrary loan.
- Refworks - RefWorks is a Web-based software package designed to help you easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
Look for in the bottom right hand corner to instantly chat with a librarian (no registration or installation necessary). Email a research librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the Ask a Librarian form.