In order to provide user services and circulate materials, Falvey Memorial Library utilizes personal information about our patrons, including:
- patron account information, including name, University ID number, address, and phone
- library circulation records
- interlibrary loan & E-ZBorrow requests
- reference questions received via chat or email
It is the library’s goal to gather only the minimum information and to store all user data securely. When necessary, personal patron information will be:
- shared with University staff outside of the library in order to enforce library policies
- used only to address the user’s needs; staff may only access personal information during the course of library business
The library will not share personal patron information with:
- other library patrons
- any agency of the local, state, or federal government unless requested through a court order or subpoena
- private or commercial organizations
We routinely collect information from website usage to help us improve functionality, navigation, and performance. Examples include IP addresses, pages visited on our site, and the URL of the website that linked you to our site. This type of data is not normally personally identifiable unless the user has provided personal information, for example, in a web form or chat session. A cookie may also be placed on your computer to anonymously track your session.
The Library website links to other third party sites and services that are not controlled by the Library. Where the Library contracts with vendors for digital information products and resources, we attempt to include user privacy protections in the license agreements. However, the practices of these external sites are not under the control of the Library. Users are encouraged to read the privacy statements at those sites.
27 June 2017