Use this easy service to get requested materials checked out and ready for pick up at your convenience!
Villanova students, faculty, and staff may place requests on books, DVDs, and other circulating items from the Library's online catalog. Library staff will send an email when the requested items are ready for pick up.
How to request items for pick up
- Log into your library account using the My Library Account link in the upper right corner of the library website.
- Log in with your Villanova email address and password
- Search for the item(s) you wish to request through the online catalog search.
- Click item links to view more details about each item.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the item page. Under the item location, click on Request for Pick Up.
- Click Submit Request in the following window. A confirmation window will appear after submitting the request.
- Repeat the steps above for each item you wish to request.
- You will be able to submit hold requests as long as you are logged into your library account. Once holds have been placed, Falvey staff will pull your requested items from the stacks and check them out to your account. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
how to pick up your items
You will receive an email when your items are available for pick up. Items will be held for 14 days from date of notification.*
Pick Up & Go shelves are located on the 1st floor between the Service Desk and the printers. These shelves are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your items are wrapped with a book band that includes your last and first name. Your items will already been checked out to you with an itemized receipt. Staff interaction is not required.
*E-ZBorrow and Inter-Library Loan items will be processed for Pick Up & Go, but these items should still be requested through their specific services first. For Interlibrary Loan status, please go to ILLiad.
To view your checked out items and any Falvey hold requests that are still pending, please visit your library account at this link: My Library Account (login required).
- Pick Up & Go is not available for alumni, Courtesy Members, or visitors.
- Special Collections materials and print Course Reserves are unavailable for Pick Up & Go.